Friends of Alice Saddy Association
Alice Saddy Association was incorporated in 1973 as a not-for-profit with the purpose of supporting people with developmental disabilities to live successful lives in our community.
Vision: Alice Saddy Association envisions a community that welcomes every person equally with respect and acceptance
Alice Saddy Association:
Actively supports and encourages people in the community who have an intellectual disability to achieve the life that they choose
Actively supports community members to understand the needs of people with disabilities and their need for inclusion and belonging in all aspects of community life
Actively encourages people supported, employees and volunteers to discover their gifts and interests
Actively facilitates connections between people and their family and community members by recognizing and fostering relationships
Friends of Alice Saddy
Friends of the Alice Saddy Association is a group of volunteers who support the Alice Saddy Association and the individuals it supports to live full lives in the community. The organization is open to anyone 18 years and over who is in support of the vision, mission and values of the Association. This includes individuals supported, family members, staff, board, volunteers and community members.
Involvement in Friends of Alice Saddy is achieved through the completion of an application form annually.
- Receipt of regular newsletter
- Inclusion on e-mail distribution list which will be used to disseminate relevant information like government announcements, links to position papers, links to activities that may be of interest, etc.
- Invitation to the Association events
- Opportunity to advocate and create a lobby group
- Opportunities to participate on Committees as they arise
- Access to talks/presentations either exclusively or at reduced rate
- Training opportunities
- Other benefits that may occur time to time
Please return the completed form to Alice Saddy Association, 111 Waterloo St., Suite 401, London, ON N6B 2M4, and Attn: Cathy Smith.
If you prefer, you can send an email with the above information to Cathy Smith, Director, Community & Family Supports, email@example.com