Christmas White Chocolate-Dipped Rice Krispie Treats
These tasty little bites are as delicious as they are easy! No baking involved! You don’t even need to make the Rice Krispie treats yourself (we won’t tell…).
- 1 package store-bought OR 1 batch homemade Rice Krispie Treats (see recipe below)
- 1 lb or 1 package white chocolate or moulding wafers (you can find these at a bulk food store)
- Assorted Christmas sprinkles
1. Unwrap store-bought Rice Krispie treats (or cut homemade treats into approximate 3×2 inch rectangles; set aside
2. Melt white chocolate in microwave per package directions (typically in 30 second intervals, stirring in between)
3. Dip 3/4 of Rice Krispie Treat into the melted white chocolate, letting excess drip off back into the container. Sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles.
4. Place on wax paper and let stand for chocolate to set up.
5. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks
Homemade Rice Krispie Treats
In microwave-safe bowl heat 3 tablespoons of butter and 4 cups of mini marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
Add 6 cups of crispy rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool before cutting.
Recipe adapted from, and photo courtesy of, www.thekitchenismyplayground.com.